Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CopyCats (Part Two)

So this seems so typical of how Ryan and I work. We used to go to Chili's all the time when we were dating in highschool. If we ordered dessert we always got the molten chocolate cake. It is good, but I was always deep down secretly longing for my favorite- Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie. But I thought it wouldn't be Ryan's thing, so I always just gladly shared the chocolate cake.

This year, after eight years of being together, we went to Chili's on my birthday and I decided it was time. It was my birthday after all and I was going to get whatever I really wanted, and my sweet husband of course, more than obliged. Well, as it turned out he was in love and liked it I think even more than I do, haha, of course. So you can imagine how excited we were when I saw it in my previously mentioned new cookbook.
I gave it a whirl last night. When baking the cookie part, I wasn't sure- the texture seemed fluffier. But once I topped with that crazy good ice cream, caramal, and fudge, it became that gooey dessert that I so love.

Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie


Crust:
3 Tbs. butter
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbs. sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Filling:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 Tbs. veg. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup crushed walnust or almonds (I used crushed sliced almonds b/c I think they are less overwhelming- I don't really like big chunks of nuts in things)

To Serve
vanilla ice cream
hot fudge
caramel syrup

Preheat oven to 350.

For crust, mix melted butter, cookie crumbs, and sugar. Press into a 1 qt. baking dish and top with choc. chips. Bake for about 5 min or until chocolate is melted. Spread the chocolate evenly over crust.

For the filling, mix 1st three dry ingredients. Then add milk, oil, and vanilla, strirring until smooth. Stir in chips, coconut, and nuts. Pour into crust and bake 35 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.

Serve warm with toppings and ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. YUMmy!! Stephanie, I LOVE your recipe blog. I am trying to make my grocery list for the week, and it has about tripled since I looked on here!! I tried the enchiladas a while back and they are now a staple in our family-delicious!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete