Monday, March 16, 2009

Can't Go Wrong With This One!

I really think this is an ideal recipe. I got it from my husband's high school's cookbook and it is quick and so easy (can you tell yet that I like easy?) and totally satisfying without being as heavy as say a casserole. It's also an easy recipe to have the ingredients on hand for. If you like chicken, this one is a winner all around! I make it often and have made it to take to new moms (as long as you have a way to keep it hot).

Rosemary Chicken

1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbs Soy sauce
3/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp dried rosemary- regular or crushed
1 Tbs garlic, crushed (I just mince 3-4 good size cloves)
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I have made it with boneless, skinless thighs as well- it is still good but since this is a fairly salty recipe to start with- if you like things less salty, I would definitely stick to just breasts)
3 cups cooked rice

Combine 1st 7 ingredients. Place chicken in ungreased 9x13 baking dish. Pour mixture over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve over hot rice.

(If your thinking your not a big fan of plain rice- just do what we do- pour the juice from the chicken over it and ti is sooo good! I think I usually double the ingredients to the sauce just to make sure there is plenty for the rice.) My favorite side to put with this is grilled or roasted fresh asparagus.

*Pictured with thighs, but better with chicken breast

No comments:

Post a Comment