Monday, April 6, 2009

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

I made this cheese cake for our Grace Group this weekend and was very pleased and I think most everyone else seemed to be too! I got the recipe from AllRecipes.com (If you don't use this cooking website, you should!) There are a couple things I want to do a little different next time I make it- maybe I will try it again for Easter- it is an all around WINNER and came out beautifully, other than I want my crust a little thicker next time!



White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
.
Crust:
.
1 cup chocolate wafer cookies crushed (I used Oreos and will use 2 cups next time)
3 Tbs. Sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
Mix and press into the bottom of spring form pan.
.
Raspberry Sauce:
.
1 10 oz. bag frozen raspberries
2 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
.
Combine in saucepan and bring to boil. Boil five minutes until thickened. Strain to remove seeds.
**This was the trickiest part. Getting the seeds out is a little rough. I ended up adding some water to get it to run through the strainer better. I then felt like it was too runny, so I added more sugar and cornstarch and reboiled until thick again. This worked well- it had a little less of the raspberry tang, but I was okay with that. I don't know if I will try another technique next time?
.
White Chocolate Sauce:
.
2 cups (12 oz. bag) white chocolate chips
1/2 cup half and half
.
Melt together in microwave safe dish. the original recipe says to heat in bowl over pan of simmering water- I didn't bother with all that- the microwave worked just fine, just don't heat for more than 20 seconds at a time to prevent scorching and stir between each heating.
.
Cheesecake Filling:
.
3- 8 oz. packs cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
.
Mix together sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and white chocolate sauce and blend well.
.
Pour half of the batter over the crust. Spoon 3 Tbs. of the raspberry sauce over. Pour remaining batter on top and follow with another 3 Tbs. raspberry sauce. Swirl with the tip of a sharp knife.
Bake 55-60 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool and chill at least 8 hours. Garnish as desired and serve with remaining raspberry sauce.
.
(I heard a tip to keep the cheesecake from sinking and cracking is to turn off your oven when it is done baking and leave the cheesecake in there- I read once with the door open and once didn't specify) I left the door open to make sure it didn't burn. I think this may have helped?)
.
You won't be disappointed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment