Now that we are done getting "new baby" meals I will hopefully be picking back up with cooking and will try to find time to get back on board with getting some new recipes on here. Just to prove it to you, I will atleast include a "no recipe idea" for you that is on our stove here tonight.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
If you like Mexican soups, don't think you can't easily make your own creation at home. It's a great way to get creative or use up stuff from your pantry. Just dump and taste! Here's generally how I do mine.
- chopped cooked chicken -I have used canned, rotisserie, or like tonight I boiled a 3 pack of breasts to use the extra broth- but 2 breasts would have been enough- so whatever you have or find easiest
- beans- my fave is black beans- but really a white bean (northern beans) would be fine too
- tomatoes- I like to use a can of tomatoes and green chilies for the extra kick
- corn- a can or a bag of frozen- either works
- chopped onion and fresh garlic- if you don't have these just use garlic and onion powders
- chicken broth- again I used the broth from my cooked chicken, plus a four cup carton of store bought
- rice- I like to cook up some rice and throw that in
- spices- I always use lots of cumin and some chili powder- or you can even use taco seasoning if you have that. Obviously salt and pepper.
- peppers- tonight I threw in just a small amount of chopped jalapenos, guess I'm feeling a little extra spicy =)
- We top ours with crunched tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream--- just cause we're healthy like that!
Thanks again for sticking with me and again hope to be back soon!