Thursday, December 10, 2009

Healthy AND Delicious?!?

DING DING DING, We have a winner! This dip would make a great side to those less than healthy sandwiches, or would be healthier choice over those yummy but artery clogging cheese dips for Super Bowl Sunday- and the best part- people will love it and devour it just as fast!

I made this dip last night for Ryan to take to work for a Christmas thing today. He asked me to send him the recipe for some ladies at work and while I was at it, I figured I would add it on here. Luckily, I saved myself a small bowl of it so I have a picture, and I am getting to enjoy some now to remind me just how good it is!=) I think all the Braithwait women have made this dip numerous times. It's a keeper!!


Black Bean and Corn Salsa


1 can petite diced tomatoes, well drained
1 can shoepeg corn
1 can black beans, rinsed adn drained
2 Tbs. chopped red onion *
2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro *
1 tsp. chipolte chili peppers (I just used some diced jalapenos with some
chipolte seasoning for a little kick)
1/4 tsp. salt*
pinch of sugar
squeeze of fresh lime

*- I add extra to taste
(you can easily double the recipe for a crowd)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill for atleast 30 minutes.
Stir before serving with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment