Friday, May 7, 2010

A Different Kind of Cobbler!

With summer fast approaching I know I will be making my berry cobbler verrrry soon! But I do want to share this recipe I made for the 1st tiem voer the winter adn have made a few times since. I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but it is so good, EASY, and easy to keep the ingredients on hand- definitely qualifying it as a keeper in my book! It is originally from our local paper. Before I made it I though, "Chocolate cobbler, hmmmm, what is chocolate cobbler going to taste like?" And after sinking into a bite it was like "Oh, of course, chocolate cobbler!" YUM.

Chocolate Cobbler

Base:
2 sticks butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. self rising flour
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. milk

Chocolate Layer:
1 c. sugar
6 Tbs. cocoa
2 c. boiling water

Preheat oven to 350. Place butter in a glass 9x13 and melt it in the oven while it preheats.
In a bowl combine rest of "base" ingredients to make batter. Pour over melted butter in pan and DO NOT MIX.
In a second bowl, mix sugar and cocoa, and meanwhile be boiling 2 cups water. Sprinkly cocoa mixture over butter and batter, again NOT mixing. Pour boiling water over the top and again DON'T STIR. Stcik it in the oven and bake 30- 45 minutes. Be careful not to over cook.

Don't know why I took the pic before adding the vanilla ice cream!?! What was I thinking?

I know, I know allll that sugar and butter- so bad, but oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment