Friday, May 15, 2009

No Recipe Required- Meal Idea #5

Last night when 5:00 rolled around, and I knew the question of "What are we going to do for dinner?" was looming over our heads- I decided to forgo asking Ryan, since that usually gets me no where and think of something creative on my own. I have been kind of digging the finding what's around and trying to use it up thang lately. I had two chicken breasts left from a dinner I am making for a family with a new baby, so I decided to cook them up, shred them , and use them for a BBQ chicken pizza. My other toppings were pretty much extra things I had left in the fridge that were left over or just staples. SOO this is a fun way to get creative, but here is how I did mine.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 can Pillsbury pizza dough- cooked at 425 for 8 minutes BEFORE topping- 10-12 minutes after toppings
.
BBQ sauce- I would recommend using one you really like- we love Rendevous (locally) but this last time I bought some I bought "Sticky Fingers" and it is delicious!
.
2 chicken breasts- cooked and shredded- I did in a skillet with my usual base seasoning of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
.
Other Toppings:
Red onion- sliced into small strips
Red Sweet Pepper- sliced into small strips
Green Onion- chopped (I just wanted to use this up and thought it would add something green- wasn't sure if it would be onion overkill, but it wasn't)
Bacon-3 slices, fried and crumbled
.
I layered all my ingredients on partially baked crust, then sprinkled with a little bit of crushed red pepper flakes and topped with shredded Colby Jack Cheese and returned to oven to bake.
Before cheese and baking- Finished-
Let me know if you come up with any other toppings that would be good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment