Sunday, May 3, 2009

Squash Medley

So have you noticed yet we like squash around here?? Well, we do and I love this casserole recipe that I have made for several years since Ryan's mom made it when we were dating. A few weeks ago we had it with some barbecue chicken legs and a baked potato. And being the over analyzer that I am I feel weird putting back to back recipe using stuffing mix too, but I am making myself get over it- I think these are my only two reciped that even use stuffing, but oh well.

Squash Medley

1 1/4 lb. squash (I usually use around 4 zucchini and 2 yellow summer squash), thinly sliced
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 carrots (more or less)- I like to puree them instead of slicing them
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup diced onion
1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix

Mix all ingredients except stuffing. Pour into casserole pan and top with stuffing mix. Bake at 350 for 40 minuted covered, and 20 uncovered.

I always make a huge dish mess when I make this because I use my food processor and my mandolin slicer, but it is so worth it! Also makes a great side for holiday meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment