Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sweet Treat

I for some reason woke up yesterday morning wanting to make these, and once I have something in my head I want to do, well, we know that that usually turns out....

(Martha's picture- I thought this one may look more appetizing than mine below =)

This is a Martha Stewart recipe that I used to make over at a family that I used to work for, keeping their kids after school. The mom was quite the cook AND baker!!! I am not a great baker, but she would leave me ideas for things I could make in the afternoons with all the ingredients there, and I always loved it that she did that. Again, I'm not the greatest baker, even though baking is in my blood ( My grandfather was a baker by profession- and an awesome one at that, and my mom actually just did her 1st wedding cake!) Despite the fact that the genes apparently skipped me, I do enjoy it **when I have the extra time** I don't like to bake in a rush. If you've got the time, these cookies are pretty fun to make- and of course even more fun to eat!!

Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies


1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 Tbs. unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

1/3 cup sugar- for rolling dough in
36 mini Reese's cups, unwrapped and chilled ( my batch never makes 36 cookies worth, so you may not want to unwrap that many to start with)

Heat oven to 350.

Mix Peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add in brown sugar and beat well, scraping down sides as needed. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt to mix. Beat into the peanut butter mixture in two batches until well mixed.

Roll dough into balls by Tablespoon and roll to coat in the sugar.
Place on insulated baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes or until starting to slightly puff up. Remove and press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie. Return to oven and bake an additional 6 minutes, or until golden. Let cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before transferring.

No comments:

Post a Comment